Casinos with Microgaming Software
For many decades, land-based casinos and gaming venues were the places to be if you wanted to wager. Then in 1994, the very first fully fledged online casino, ‘The Gaming Club’ came along, developed by a company called Microgaming.
Since this first in real money online casino became established, the industry has continued to grow and diversify. Microgaming was a founding member of this online gambling movement. Not only did they bring casino entertainment to the internet, but they have also been a driving force behind the evolution of the functional software and games pioneering many industry developments, such as mobile casino in 2004.
Today, Microgaming is one of the best-known names in the industry and is very much synonymous with excellence, thanks to their high-quality game titles. The number of casinos using Microgaming software is enormous, mainly because casino operators know that with this developer, they’re getting games that are safe, reliable and desired by players.
Being the oldest casino games developer, it should come as no surprise that Microgaming’s collection of games is extensive, with nearly 500 listed on the official website. Their portfolio covers a diverse and complete range of casino games, from slots and progressive jackpots to table games, video poker titles, and more. The company's games are known for being very entertaining and well produced, beautifully rendered with high-quality graphics, rich sound effects, as well as containing creative themes and immersive storylines.
The progressive jackpots, in particular, are worth a special mention, particularly Mega Moolah. Themed after the wild animals of Africa, this is one of the world’s most famous and successful progressive jackpots ever developed. It has paid out the world’s second highest prize at £13.2 million and is known for having created a good few millionaires.
Microgaming’s ability to innovate is a significant factor in their ability to remain a leading figure in the industry, which can be seen in their drive within the mobile casino arena.
Many consider Microgaming to be the worlds leading software developer in the gambling industry, and this is not without good reason. It is not easy to find too many weaknesses that can not be said of other competing players.
Some might point out that having been around for so long now that some of its earlier games aren’t quite up to the same standard as the titles being released today. This is however not really an argument, more like a comment that could be applied to all developers that have been releasing games over an extended period.
- In 2010, Microgaming launched its innovative Quickfire gaming content platform. The service is intended to enable casinos not using the Microgaming Viper System to gain quick and easy access to over 400 of the developer’s most popular games. It’s fully compatible with Flash and an array of mobile devices, offering seamless integration and new games released monthly.
- Over the years, Microgaming has won a string of awards for its gaming content, including the EGR B2B Awards, The International Gaming Awards, The Awards For Excellence and The Global Gaming Awards and the list goes on. A small sample of its awards includes:
- Mobile Gaming Software 2017 at the EGR B2B Awards
- Digital Product 2016 at the Global Gaming Awards
- Innovator of the Year 2016 at The International Gaming Awards
- Microgaming is responsible for launching the world’s first mobile casino. Most of the developer’s games are available on mobile devices that run the iOS, Android or Windows operating systems. Its mobile games are designed to be very user-friendly and easily accessible to mobile users, with a simple interface and easy navigation.
It’s clear to see why Microgaming continues to be one of the top names in the online casino industry. It’s the developer that started it all but hasn’t rested on its laurels since. Over the years it has gained and maintained an excellent reputation and has launched many hugely popular and groundbreaking casino games. Their collection is very diverse and extensive with many different themes catering for every type of casino player.
This developer offers something for everyone, and even though it releases new games regularly, their attention to quality and detail is consistent. In fact, you could well say that Microgaming continues to raise the standard higher and higher, encouraging other developers to push boundaries and raise benchmarks. There are many players in the casino software industry, but few of are as well respected as Microgaming.