Casinos with IGT (WagerWorks) Software for
Stick with IGT for some of the very best casino games
IGT (International Game Technology) promotes itself as the world’s top end-to-end gaming company. It is not only one of the largest and most prolific developers of land-based games, it’s also a key play-er in the online casino game development industry, launching a number of highly acclaimed titles for both online casinos and mobile devices. It’s created well over a thousand different games in total over the years, covering more than just traditional casino games: the developer works in the lottery, social and interactive gaming fields, as well as in the online sports betting arena.
The company aims to become the world leader in gaming development. Right now, it’s among the largest companies of its kind, with some 12,000 employees and offices in Las Vegas, Rome, Providence with its central headquarters in London. According to the company’s website, it’s the number one developer of gaming machines and the number one developer of lottery systems; it’s also a leader in the research and development of new games, spending around $300 million a year on developing new titles.
IGT makes an effort to ensure that its online video slots closely resemble traditional land-based slot machines. In fact, many of the developer’s online slots are either based on its existing slot machines in land-based casinos or developed in conjunc-tion with new slot machines. This means that the developer’s online and land-based slots should look very similar and offer pretty much the same sort of gaming experience.
IGT slots come in a range of themes, and there are some branded titles to be found among its collection, such as Family Guy, Star Trek, Ghostbusters and CSI: Las Ve-gas. While the developer is known for its slots, it also boasts of many high-quality table games launched over the years. Along with multiple blackjack and roulette games, among others, IGT has developed several hundred different poker titles. As for video poker, IGT is the world’s largest supplier of video poker machines and is one of the leading providers of the game at online casinos, launching nearly a dozen different online variants. Its video poker games have been widely praised by players.
All IGT’s games can be played in your web browser without any download required. Many of the slots use the 720 or 1024 ways to win system that does away with tradi-tional paylines and allows for more winning combinations on the reels.
While there’s no doubt IGT has created an excellent reputation for itself over its many years in the industry, there are two potential weaknesses to point out. There is the fact that some of its games, namely its older ones, can look quite dated com-pared with the many newer titles released in recent years. This is an issue with many other developers that have been producing games over an extended period.
There’s also the fact that progressive jackpot winnings aren’t paid out in a single lump sum. Other providers, such as Microgaming, pay out the entire amount of the jackpot in one go. With IGT, you have two options: you can have the jackpot paid out in instalments, or you can accept a single lump sum straight away, though this will be slightly smaller than the actual amount won on the progressive jackpot.
IGT has a number of active gambling licences. They include licences from the Al-derney Gambling Control Commission and the Government of Gibraltar.
- The developer has won a large number of industry awards over the years. A small sample of these awards includes the following:
- Casino Entertainment Supplier at the 10th Annual International Gaming Awards, 2017
- Best User Experience in Mobile at the 9th Annual International Gaming Awards, 2016
- The Lottery Software Supplier of the Year at the EGR B2B Awards 2015 (won for the sixth year in a row)
- IGT is responsible for a few innovations. They are credited with launching the first video poker machines and the very first wide-area progressive slot machine, the Nevada Megabucks slot, back in 1986. When it started, Nevada Megabucks had a minimum jackpot of $1 million, though nowadays once the prize is won, it gets re-set to a cool $10 million. IGT also launched the first themed slot machines: Double Diamond and Red, White and Blue. In October 2017, it became the very first online casino game developer to integrate problem gambling monitoring tools into its gaming systems. It received a Responsible Gambling certification from the Global Gambling Guidance Group in recognition of this.
- IGT started launching mobile slots in 2008. All of its games are developed in HTML5 and are designed to run smoothly on a range of devices, including smartphones and tablets; they’re compatible with both iOS and Android operating systems.
If there’s one developer you can’t go wrong with, it’s IGT. Over its many years in op-eration, it has indeed made a name for itself in the land-based, online, and mobile gaming sectors thanks to the consistently high quality of its gaming output and the numerous innovations that help push the industry forward.
What’s particularly significant about IGT is that while it uses the most up-to-date technology to develop its games, the company aims to replicate the land-based gaming experience for its online and mobile players, with games designed to look the same as their physical counterparts. Many highly rated casinos, such as Mr Green Casino, Paddy Power Casino, and Casumo Casino, have a broad range of games by this developer waiting to be played.
If you’re after the very best online casino games from a provider that’s got years of industry experience, stick with games by IGT. In one respect, they’re quite tradition-al, and yet at the same time they’re very diverse and not only look the part, but have plenty of great gameplay features available.