Casinos with NetEnt software for
NetEnt - a top developer known for its incredible progressive jackpots
Having been founded back in 1996, NetEnt is among the oldest and longest-operating developers of games for online casinos. In this time it has become one of the most highly regarded and well-respected developers in the industry today. Its games continue to receive praise from critics and players alike, and the company keeps going from strength to strength. Its gained an outstanding reputation over the years thanks to the high quality of its games and the many innovations it’s made in different areas of the industry.
NetEnt is a Swedish company based in the country’s capital of Stockholm. Though it started off small, it’s enjoyed exponential growth and has been listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm for many years. Its catalogue of games includes over 200 titles which can be played at hundreds of the world’s leading online casinos. The company has offices over the globe and more than 1,000 full-time employees working on creating innovative new gaming content.
The key to NetEnt’s success lies in its games. They’ve consistently been very well received and have helped the developer win a string of awards. What makes the games particularly appealing is that they’re designed not to play like typical casino games; instead, they’re designed to incorporate more elements of fun and entertainment to make them appealing to those who aren’t necessarily into slots. NetEnt has struck deals with various companies to develop branded slots, examples of which include The Invisible Man, Guns n’ Roses, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein and Jimi Hendrix, to name a few.
NetEnt’s progressive jackpots, in particular, are worth mentioning, as they’re responsible for some of the largest ever casino payouts in history. The progressive jackpot Mega Fortune currently holds the record for the single largest payout, with a fortunate Finnish player scooping a staggering €17 million back in 2013. Some of the developer’s other progressives, such as Hall of Gods and Arabian Nights, have also turned an impressive number of players into millionaires.
Many online casinos have lists of their most popular games; a lot of the time, these lists feature various favourite NetEnt games, including the likes of Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Finn and the Swirly Spin, Theme Park: Tickets of Fortune and many more.
There doesn’t appear to be anything overtly negative to point out about NetEnt. If we are going to make any negative comment at all, we should point out that sometimes the developer’s games can be slow to load compared with games by other developers; this is mainly because the games are so graphically advanced and have lots of features to them.
- NetEnt is very keen to operate in entirely legal areas only, avoiding operating in places where legal issues may complicate matters. As such, it takes care to only enter new markets where online gambling is completely legal. It has acquired gambling licences from a large number of different markets and claims to be active in more regulated markets than any other casino games developer.
- NetEnt has won a considerable number of industry awards over the years. A sample of these awards is provided below:
- Became Slot Provider of the Year at the EGR Awards 2015
- Innovation in Mobile at the EGR Awards 2015 (the second year running)
- Was Mobile Supplier of the Year at the EGR Awards 2015 (the third year running)
- Digital Gaming Innovation of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards 2014
- Achieved RNG Casino Supplier of the Year status at the EGR Awards 2014
- One of the developer’s most recent innovations has been the Live Rewards solution, known as NetEnt Engage. This is designed to enhance the live casino gaming experience by incorporating some instant promotional offers that players can receive notifications of in real time while playing. These offers can be customised and tailored to suit the needs of individual casino operators. A key selling point of this is that it allows for cross-game promotions; for example, you can play a live casino game and receive a number of free spins to be used on a video slot
- A growing number of games by NetEnt are available on mobile devices. The NetEnt Touch series includes a broad selection of games optimised for smartphones and tablets. These games are played on handheld devices using the iOS, Android or Windows operating systems. They were first released in 2011, with more mobile friendly games released every year since. Nowadays, nearly every new video slot that NetEnt launches is available on mobile devices as well as standard desktop computers.
Software company NetEnt is widely regarded as one of the very best online casino game developers around today, and for a good reason. Its games are expertly produced with an exceptionally high standard of graphics, videos and sounds effects. Its slots, in particular, are designed to have incredibly rich and detailed worlds, characters and effects. The typical NetEnt game has a lot to offer, both regarding what you see and experience and in terms of its gameplay features.
What’s particularly significant about NetEnt is that it doesn’t just license its games out to any online casino: it makes an effort to ensure the casino is reliable, trustworthy and credible. Therefore, pretty much every NetEnt casino is likely to be a top place to play casino games online.
While NetEnt’s games continue to raise the standard and push boundaries, its progressive jackpots merit particular praise once more. NetEnt is the top developer in this area since its jackpots have awarded many life-changing sums of money and have made a growing number of players millionaires.
It’s fascinating to see what NetEnt will come up with next and how it will top the excellent games it’s already produced.