Casinos with EGT Software
EGT - A developer of land-based games making Waves online
EGT, or Euro Games Technology, is a company that specialises in the development of land-based slots, though in recent years it has started creating slots for online casino. The company was founded in 2002 in Sofia, the Bulgarian capital, and re-mains based there to this day.
Its very first slot machine, Gladiator, was reasonably well received and enabled the company to keep developing slots for land-based casinos and other gaming venues. Over the years, more slot machines were released, and the company was able to expand into various markets. By 2010, its gaming products were available in more than 50 countries across Europe, Africa, Asia and South America. Today, they can be found in upwards of 80 countries in the continents above, as well as North America.
EGT is mostly known for its physical gaming machines. In 2016 it founded a subsidiary, EGT Interactive, to develop games for the growing online casino market. Since its inception, EGT Interactive has focused on creating online versions of some of the company’s most famous land-based games. One of the developer’s ongoing intentions is to offer online players the same experience land-based players get to enjoy. In other words, the online games are intended to be near-perfect reproductions of the physical originals, complete with the same gameplay, functionality and graphics.
EGT Interactive may not be one of the best-known casino game developers, but that doesn’t mean its games should be overlooked. One significant advantage is that it creates online versions of land-based games which have been tried and tested by players. Converting established games into online ones is somewhat of a safer, less risky move to make, but it’s one that pays off. By taking this approach, EGT Interactive is producing games that are pretty much guaranteed to be popular; plus, the games are going to appeal to those who have played EGT’s land-based games and are keen for the online version.
While EGT Interactive is sticking to adapting land-based games for online casinos, this can in a way be seen as a weakness for the company, in that it hasn’t yet shown a high degree of innovation. That is to say that the developer hasn’t yet shown the industry much in the way of original gaming content, i.e. online casino games that aren’t based on pre-existing games. It would be great to see some original online games launched by EGT Interactive in the coming years, especially since the developer has shown it can produce high-quality online land-based games.
Another point to comment on is that the number of table and video poker games in the developer’s library is quite small, with just a few of each listed on the official site. There are still plenty of EGT table and video poker games that haven’t yet had online versions released, so there’s every chance EGT Interactive will launch more of these games in the future.
- EGT Interactive’s website doesn’t specify anything to do with licensing; the parent company’s website does mention receiving licences to operate legally in multiple different markets.
- While EGT Interactive doesn’t appear to have won many awards as of yet, its parent company EGT has. Some of these are listed below:
- The Award for Excellence in Software Implementations at the SAP Quality Awards 2014
- Most Successful Business at the VIP Business Awards, 2016
- A significant innovation by EGT Interactive is its Jackpot Card feature. All games have this feature, which can be randomly triggered after a paid round is over. There are four jackpots, one for each suit. You have to pick from 12 cards, and once you’ve picked three cards with matching suits, you’ll win the jackpot associated with that particular suit. The higher your bet, the higher chance you stand of triggering this feature.
- A broad selection of EGT Interactive’s video slots are available on all mobile devices. They can be accessed through a mobile’s web browser and are designed to be very user-friendly, with a straightforward interface, immersive graphics, and fast loading times. Just like the developer’s online games, the mobile games are in-tended to recreate the land-based gaming experience, with the added advantage of being accessible anywhere, so long as your device has a steady internet connection.
It’s always encouraging to see a developer that specialises in land-based casino games move with the times and take a step into the online market. That’s what EGT did several years ago with the founding of EGT Interactive. While the land-based versions of the games have been well received, the online ones have also been favourably rated, partly because they’re designed to be exact replicas.
Whether you’ve played EGT’s land-based games before or not, you’ll surely find EGT Interactive's online games great fun to play, since they’re vividly rendered with bright, engaging graphics and have realistic sound effects with some great features. For example, many of the slots have a higher-than-average number of paylines, which gives players even more chances of landing a win.